Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Funny school photos

We just picked up our sons first school photo. He is in preschool so he is 3 ½. Now being that he is 3 we thought it would be prudent to talk to him about what was going to happen that day. As we dressed him we talked to him about the camera being there and it would probably be bigger then the one his Papa uses. As we combed his hair, just right, all the while knowing that in 5 minutes it would be a mess again, we practiced his smile.

He had the smile down, it looked good, very natural. He is a cute kid so how tough would it be to get a good picture. My husband and I dropped him off and said good luck. Then on the way home we wagered bets as to what would come out of the camera.

My husband had a hilarious story of a kid he taught that gave him a photo and, I am not lying, the kid was roaring. His hands up in full lion attack mode. As I wiped the tears away I started to think, maybe that is the photo I want. A photo where my son lets it all go, where he is himself, totally and unabashedly. A photo that will make everyone we give one to smile despite the kind of day they are having.

So I secretly hoped that when the camera man said smile my son pulled out his best “shrek” and stuck his tongue out, or crossed his eyes. This is what I got…




I have to say I am ok with it!
.

No comments: